MSI Best Ship of the Year Awards 2019 – Maritime Coaction & Wawasan Topaz
Starting this year we have constituted the “Best Ship of the year” Award for the Dry and Wet Ship categories for excellent overall perfromance. We were guided by one of our key Mission Statements while choosing on the ship in the fleet:
“Relentlessly pursuing high standards in integrated maritime transportation management services with integrity & accountability”
A committee was setup within MSI consisting of Senior Management, Technical, Operation and HSSQE staff. Data for 2019 in the following categories were used as measuring tools to help us decide on the “Best Ship of the Year”:
1. Personal Injury Cases (LTIF)
2. Non Injury Cases (eg. Navigational incidents. machinery failures, fire, spills, security incidents)
3. PSC Inspections and Detentions
4. Unscheduled Off Hire
5. Vetting or Rightship Inspections– Vessels individual Performance based on inspection Risk Rating.
6. Vessel rejections by Oil Major leading to Loss of business
7. Overdue PMS
8. Compliance with MESPAS Reporting and
9. Ship General Appearance – age of ship taken into account
After much deliberation, we have decided to present the Award for “Best Ship of the Year” to the following ships:
1. Maritime Coaction – Bulker
2. Wawasan Topaz - Tanker
We at MSI would like to congratulate all the Masters and Crew on board these two above mentioned ship, past and present who have worked hard to make this possible.
We plan to initiate awards in more categories in the coming years and hope that this initiative will in some way act as an encouragement for all on board to go that “extra mile” in their day to day actions while on board. We also recognise that seafarers have to face many challenges on a daily basis and situations often are not as perfect as we would like them to be. It is only your resilience that makes it possible for every ship to safely complete her voyage.